Part of the aim of this Reuters Institute survey is to understand more about what, how, where, and when news is accessed online, specifically within the context of the wider media landscape in the UK and in four other countries – Denmark, France, Germany, and the United States. This first chapter explores the types of news accessed and the most important sources of news.
- Frequency of News Access and Consumption
- Sources and Access to News
- Where and When Do People Access News?
- Interest in Different Types of News
- Political News and Political Engagement
- Business News Consumption
Chapter two looks in more detail at online news.