The authors welcome feedback on this report and suggestions on how to improve our work via email@example.com as well as potential partnerships and support for our ongoing work. In the meantime here is a list of further reading.
Relevant Surveys and Reports
- BBC Future of News Report (January 2015): http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs/29_01_15future_of_news.pdf.
- Emily Bell, Reuters Institute lecture, ‘Silicon Valley and Journalism: Make up or Break up?’: http://reutersinstitute.politics.ox.ac.uk/news/silicon-valley-and-journalism-make-or-break.
- Ipsos Mori Global Trends report, http://www.ipsosglobaltrends.com/files/gts_2014_web.pdf.
- New York Times Innovation report (March 2014): http://www.scribd.com/doc/224608514/The-Full-New-York-Times-Innovation-Report#scribd.
- Ofcom, The Communications Market Report (Aug. 2014): http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/market-data-research/market-data/communications-market-reports/cmr14.
- Ofcom, Measuring Online News Consumption and Supply (July 2014): http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/binaries/internet/Measuring-online-news.pdf.
- Ofcom, News consumption in the UK 2014 (June 2014): http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/market-data-research/other/tv-research/news-2014.
- Pew Research Center’s Project for Excellence in Journalism, The State of the News Media (2015): http://stateofthemedia.org.
Other Relevant Publications
All available: http://reutersinstitute.politics.ox.ac.uk/page/publications
- Lucy Küng. Innovation in Journalism Organisations: An International Perspective (Forthcoming I. B. Tauris, 2015).
- David A. L. Levy and Rasmus Kleis Nielsen (eds), The Changing Business of Journalism and its Implications for Democracy (RISJ, 2010).
- John Lloyd and Laura Toogood, Journalism and PR: News Media and Public Relations in the Digital Age (I. B. Tauris, 2014).
- Rasmus Kleis Nielsen, Ten Years that Shook the Media World: Questions and Trends in International Media (RISJ, 2012).
- Kellie Riordan, ‘Accuracy, Independence, and Impartiality: How Legacy Media and Digital Natives Approach Standards in the Digital Age’, journalist fellow paper (RISJ, 2014)
- Richard Sambrook, Delivering Trust: Impartiality and Objectivity in the Digital Age (RISJ, 2012).
- Richard Sambrook, Simon Terrington, and David A. L. Levy, The Public Appetite for Foreign News on TV and Online (RISJ, 2013).
- Martha Stone, Big Data for Media (RISJ, 2014).